SWmud Coder Rules
These are to be followed with no ifs, ands, or buts. Rules are listed
for each 'title' of coder, i.e. secretary, ambassador, etc. However, all
coders listed after a specific title on here are responsible for rules
pertaining to all those mentioned before. For example, a senator is responsible
for all rules pertaining to his title category, as well as those for ambassador
and secretary categories. If you fail to abide by these rules, misuse
your trusted abilities, or not follow the coder etiquette, you will be
NOTE: ALL coders are to follow rules
set for players as well as for coders. Failure to do so usually will result
in more severe of a punishment; i.e. if a coder and a player do the same
illegal act, the coder will meet a far more severe punishment, because
he/she should know better.
- Thou shalt not give money, equipment, secrets or anything to players.
This means you are to work on your coder test and learn what you are
- Thou shalt not transport your friends out of combat to save them from
- Thou shall forward bug reports to a ambassador and let them deal with
the problem. You have no authority to do so, unless you are given permission
(per incident) by someone of senator level or higher.
- Thou shall use common sense and act with maturity and show responsibility,
else thou shall find thyself player again.
- Do not use evals. Do not use calls except on yourself.
- Do not play around, look for secrets or just socialize all the time.
You should be working on the project until it is finished.
- Thou shall abide by ALL apprentice rules (see above).
- Thou shall not use 'calls', 'evals' or any other means to gain access
to commands you do not have access too. If you need a command, mail
the senators and they will discuss you gaining that command.
- Thou shalt not use your powers in any way harmful to the MUD and/or
its players and coders.
- Thou shalt respect thy elder coders.
- Thou shalt not code any tool which will give you a command you should
not have, or allow you to do anything illegal.
- Thou shalt not bring code from other MUDs you have coded on over here.
- Thou shalt not threaten to rid/dest/demote coders, else thou willst
find thyself rid/dested/demoted.
- Thou shalt remember at all times that coders below you are looking
up to you, so be mature and act responsible. If you can't do so, then
don't be a senator.
- Thou shalt not snoop illegally.
- Thou shalt not abuse your powers and use them in a manner harmful
- Thou shalt respect your elders.
- Thou shalt not try to handle matters yourself. Turn them over to Law
to handle, unless you have explicit permission from Law.
- Thou shalt treat other coders of equal and lower status, as well as
players with respect, courtesy, and maturity.
- Thou shalt not get into dest wars.
- Thou shalt have your player character
linked, if he/she is pkillable. And if that character is not linked,
thou shalt not aid that character in ANY way.
- Thou shalt not try to act as an autonomous figure, and must make sure
you follow proper procedures to opening, fixing and changing code. That
means, code changes are posted on code change board, changes which will
affect the MUD, players, guilds, races must be run by balance, and punishments
must be run by Law.
- Thou shalt keep personal stuff off the MUD and not place it in .plans,
titles and posts. IF you do not like how someone is treating you, talk
to Law, else keep it off the MUD.
- Thou shalt respect ALL coders (whether you like them or not). Do not
drag their names in the mud, use powers against them, or anything of
the sort. Keep it between yourselves.
- Thou shalt not abuse your powers!!!!!!!!
- What happens between Law and a player stays that way, do not try to
lobby with friends to go against Law, or other decisions that are made.
IF you have a friend who is jailed or punished
for a reason you don't agree with, then approach Law PEACEABLY. But
Law does retain the right to keep the punishment as is, the same for
any acting senator or moff in a time when Law might not be available.
This applies to all aspects of decisions making, Law is just an example.
- Immortal business is immortal business. Do not share information and
especially pending business with Mortals. Such things can aggravate
a volatile situation and/or ruin the game for the Mortals.