Special Notes on Ithorian Players
Ithorians are a radical departure from the other races available on SWmud,
and as such, have additional notes concerning playing an Ithorian character.
Please read these carefully.
Ithorians are very peace-loving, and as such, have alternate methods
to acquire experience which reflect this peace-loving nature. The important
differences are listed below:
- Ithorians will inflict *significantly* reduced damage in PK (player
killing) - Ithorians are unlikely to ever kill anyone in PK, so
plan accordingly. While Ithorian players can be bounty hunters or assassins,
it is strongly discouraged.
- Ithorians will inflict reduced damage in combat which the Ithorian
has initiated. If the monster attacks the Ithorian to initiate combat,
the damage the Ithorian inflicts will be normal.
- Ithorians gain additional experience when healing (both themselves
and others) with medkits.
- Ithorians gain experience through all phases of cultivating
useful plants - gathering, planting and harvesting and even from making
- Ithorians gain experience through the successful use of their strengthen
skill (which can only be used on other, non-Ithorians).
These changes should make playing Ithorians rather different from the
other races. Players selecting an Ithorian will have a very difficult
time advancing if they do not work as part of a team with other players.