High Mortal Frequently Asked Questions
A High Mortal is a player who has solved the High
Mortal Quest and is level HM 0 (the level 20 equivalent) or higher.
Players who have passed level 20 are called "pseudo-HMs." They
have access to HM exp and a few other benefits, but they do not receive
the benefits listed below.
- 'Free' access to the guild hall.
- Access to the HM line.
- HM rn-group.
- Ability to change your title. [Syntax:
hmtitle (your new title)]
- Ability to make a .plan that is visible in your finger info. [Syntax:
- A personal 'who' list. See: mywho, addwho
- Access to HM skills for 2 of your 3 guilds.
- Dying at level 20 will only make you lose your exp. You cannot die
back down to level 19.
- Once High Mortal, always High Mortal. The only way out is starting
- A two room High Mortal home on a planet of your choice, with approval.
- A beeper to take you to your home from (almost) anywhere on the MUD.
(You can get replacement beepers in the HM lounge
if you should ever lose it.)
- HM home additions (which cost 500,000 credits each):
A private dock (pilots and smugglers).
Sluissi ship storage and retrieval service for the
A private laboratory (scientists and assassins).
Bank services (ATM) from within your home.
A game room, which comes with a sabacc
A dartboard for any room of your home.
- Ability to become a primary jedi,
after a quest.
- A drink named after you at the Outpost Bar (mail Morgan).
- hmbozo command (same as the mortal bozo
- At level 50/50:
- Get yourself immortalized in the Coruscant Hall of Fame.
- A rank insignia to spend experience on, increasing rank.
- Permission to have a 2nd character. See: hm_second_char
Some other things:
- You may only have two HM guilds. Your third guild can only go as high
as level 19.
- At level 25/25/19, you can advance a fourth guild as far as level 19.
- You get full exp for HM monsters, but reduced exp for mortal monsters.
- At level 20, you can PK players who are level 18 or higher. Otherwise,
the same rules apply.
Check the mortal death information for PK death expectations.
- You are unable to party with non-HMs (unless
treatied by a Diplomat).
- When a HM dies to a monster, he or she always loses all of their exp. Otherwise,
the rules are the same.